Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Road Fighter
 Brain Games Forums : Road Fighter
Subject Topic: Full-Screen mode in Road Fighter Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Kunal

Posted: 20áMarchá2011 at 07:03 | IP Logged Quote Kunal

Awesome little game! Takes me back to the good old schooldays when I used to blow up a good part of my allowance at arcade parlours. Thanks a zillion - Road Fighter and F-1 Spirit are the only games of the genre (overhead-perspective racing games) I could find for Mac OS X.

A wee little "crib" : it would be nice if the fullscreen mode in Road Fighter got saved, like it does in F-1 Spirit. So that One doesn't have to do Apple Key + F after every launch. Also, it would be nice if there was some way to eliminate the black borders around the game "window" in fullscreen mode. I suppose the game plays in 480 X 320 resolution, and Macs these days can't be set at that resolution. Or am I missing something?

Thanks again. You guys are doing a great service for those of us who are into retro-gaming.

Back to Top View Kunal's Profile Search for other posts by Kunal Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

Jorito
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 20áMarchá2011 at 18:30 | IP Logged Quote Jorito

First of all, you're welcome! Good to read you like our games

I just had a peek at the code, and the config of the game is saved into a file. It's just that there's no option to set the screen mode, so it's not saved.

I could make a new Mac binary, but because the current release was made a while back I can't make it support other versions than 10.6 at the moment .

As for the black borders, there's unfortunately no way to fix that without re-creating all graphics. The resolution used is 512x384 pixels, and that's hard to scale to a full screen, aparently.
Back to Top View Jorito's Profile Search for other posts by Jorito Visit Jorito's Homepage Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

Kunal

Posted: 20áMarchá2011 at 21:12 | IP Logged Quote Kunal

Thanks! A new Mac Binary - with the screen-mode saving option - would be great, but I hope it is not too much of work. The black borders are not a problem really (Well, neither is the fact that the screen mode can't be changed :-) I suppose I can use a third party utility to set the monitor's resolution at 512 X 384. It is such an awesome game - simple, fun ... and winnable :-) ... that I would like my experience with it to be as perfect as possible.
Back to Top View Kunal's Profile Search for other posts by Kunal Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version