Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
The Maze of Galious
 Brain Games Forums : The Maze of Galious
Subject Topic: Maze of Galious (NES-version) Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
MP83

Posted: 11 December 2003 at 14:49 | IP Logged Quote MP83

If anyone is intrested in playing Maze of Galious NES-version in english. Here's the site where you can find a english patch for it.

http://donut.parodius.com (contains translations for many games for many platforms, check it out!)

And for the game ROM itself, I don't dare to post it.

But finding the game ROM isn't hard task, so I'll believe you guys can find it.

Edited by McBain on 11 December 2003 at 14:50
Back to Top View MP83's Profile Search for other posts by MP83 Visit MP83's Homepage Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

JEames
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 11 December 2003 at 15:15 | IP Logged Quote JEames

Well, if you tell me where is the ROM I'll post it. No problem! -If anyone cares I can allway take it off.

At the mean time, here the emulator, the patch and some screenshots.

Maze of Galious for NES

Here the emulator: 4BA61_nestcxxx.zip

Here the english patch: 9BDA1_gali031b.zip

I'll post the ROM, no problem. We are working on MOG2, so MOG for NES is a reference and general intrest to all of us.

Edited by JEames on 11 December 2003 at 15:16

Popolon
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 11 December 2003 at 15:34 | IP Logged Quote Popolon

Hey! I started playing that NES version, but stopped because I couldn't understand anything. May be I will start playing to that version in english now... I'm curious about the big bosses...

Edited by Popolon on 11 December 2003 at 15:34
Back to Top View Popolon's Profile Search for other posts by Popolon Visit Popolon's Homepage Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

MP83

Posted: 15 December 2003 at 09:00 | IP Logged Quote MP83

Alright, here's the english rom of the Maze of Galious for NES!

I have also uploaded Knightmare III: Shalom for MSX (It's in english, by the way ).

Now all the Knightmare games are playable in english! Great!!

About the Nesticle emulator that JEames uploaded. Don't download it, unless you have a DOS(only)-computer. Other reasons why you shouldn't download it are, that it's very outdated and it can not run every NES-roms + it's only designed to work on DOS.

Use the FCEUltra instead, because it can run every(!) NES-roms in my acknowledge.  It also works better on Windows than Nesticle.  So what are you waiting for!? Download it! It's worth it, trust me.

All this being said... Enjoy!!

By the way, you can think these uploads as my christmas present to you all.

Downloads:

Maze_of_Galious_2,The_(English).zip

Knightmare_III_-_Shalom_(English).zip

Edit: Newest FCEUltra can be downloaded from here: http://xodnizel.net/fceultra/

Edited by JEames on 15 December 2003 at 10:51
Back to Top View MP83's Profile Search for other posts by MP83 Visit MP83's Homepage Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

MP83

Posted: 15 December 2003 at 10:32 | IP Logged Quote MP83

I can't download those Knightmare games for some reason.

Don't worry, tho. I've sended them to Popolon, so I believe he'll upload them himself.

JEames
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 15 December 2003 at 10:53 | IP Logged Quote JEames

Just fixed the link. Probably some character / ISO Enoding problem. If you stick to ASCI 127 this should'nt happen.

Nice download!

MP83

Posted: 15 December 2003 at 11:12 | IP Logged Quote MP83

Thanks JEames (for both, help and praise).

About the Knightmare III: Don't you think that the dialogue in it is kind of...dirty or something? It's so japanese game, that I can only love it!

Thanks to SLotman for translating that game, whoever he is.  

Popolon
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 15 December 2003 at 11:28 | IP Logged Quote Popolon

Juet downloaded them. I still haven't tested them. But that's a cool! I've always wanted to finish Shalom...

Edited by Popolon on 15 December 2003 at 11:28
Back to Top View Popolon's Profile Search for other posts by Popolon Visit Popolon's Homepage Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

MP83

Posted: 17 December 2003 at 07:36 | IP Logged Quote MP83

I just got an e-mail from one of these MSX e-mail lists.

Knightmare III: Shalom translation will be some day 100% complete, so in other words, the Credits will be translated + the problem that you can't save your game using the rom's own SAVE DISK-feature, will be fixed.

I don't believe anyone of you would care about these little "problems", but I just wanted to post something for today.

Popolon
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 17 December 2003 at 09:32 | IP Logged Quote Popolon

I think I can live without the credits...

and btw, if you wanted to post something, just tell me if that special version of RF suited your needs!

Just for keeping you informed, I'm in a planing phase now in MoG2 before starting coding version 0.9 (that will be ALMOST definitive). I think that I'll start (and hopefully finish) coding by christmas time...

Popolon
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 20 December 2003 at 22:39 | IP Logged Quote Popolon

I've been playing a little bit SHALON in english, and I've to say that I'm not sure if I like the continuation of the MoG story. The story starts in the castle of Greek, ruled by the King PAMPAS (i.e. Pamperse). But the evil guy in this game is Cog (or goc, I don't remember exactly), that never appeared before in Kinghtmare or MoG...

However, the dialogues are quite funny! The main character is always laughing at the pig's face!

Lars The 18Th

Posted: 23 December 2003 at 02:29 | IP Logged Quote Lars The 18Th

I Think you allready noticed that SNATCHER is now 100% translated to English and Portugese,
For those who didn't here are the links

Website
http://www.caetano.eng.br/snatcher/

Snatcher English
ftp://snatcher:download@ftp.caetano.eng.br/snatchere060.zip

Snatcher Portugese
ftp://snatcher:download@ftp.caetano.eng.br/snatcherb099.zip 

Edited by Lars The 18Th on 23 December 2003 at 02:30
Back to Top View Lars The 18Th's Profile Search for other posts by Lars The 18Th Visit Lars The 18Th's Homepage Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

Popolon
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 23 December 2003 at 09:23 | IP Logged Quote Popolon

Cool!!!
Finally I will be able to play snatcher myself!

mjfan

Posted: 28 December 2003 at 17:30 | IP Logged Quote mjfan

Hi guys. Im new here. By the way can someone privide a map for the nes version of Maze of galious? The Nes version is very different from the msx version. Thanks
Back to Top View mjfan's Profile Search for other posts by mjfan Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

Popolon
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 28 December 2003 at 23:46 | IP Logged Quote Popolon

Wellcome to the forum mjfan!

In this page:

http://www.terra.es/personal2/valley/galines/

You can find a lot of information about MoG for NES. However, it's in Spanish. For sure that Google can translate it for you, but tell me if there's something that you can't understand.

Junker Jin

Posted: 28 September 2004 at 10:02 | IP Logged Quote Junker Jin

Hey. i was wondering how to play the snatcher .dsk stuff. i just cant get it to work
Back to Top View Junker Jin's Profile Search for other posts by Junker Jin Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

Junker Jin

Posted: 02 October 2004 at 07:24 | IP Logged Quote Junker Jin

I need help running damn .dsk on my Bluemsx. it says cant find cartrage

Back to Top View Junker Jin's Profile Search for other posts by Junker Jin Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

Popolon
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 02 October 2004 at 10:50 | IP Logged Quote Popolon

never used blue msx, why don't try paraMSX? it's very easy to run a dsk there

MP83

Posted: 02 October 2004 at 13:50 | IP Logged Quote MP83

How to load .dsk files on BlueMSX:
File ---> Disk Drive A ---> Insert (A is the primary drive)

Then you select a .dsk file that you would want to use. After that:

Run ---> Run

If the game/program doesn't work, then it's either bad .dsk file or the emulator doesn't emulate it correctly. If you still have a problem, please create a new thread about it in the General Talk forums and we'll try to help you.

theNestruo
Groupie
Groupie

Posted: 02 October 2004 at 19:14 | IP Logged Quote theNestruo

Junker Jin: The error SD-Snatcher is giving you is caused because the original SD-Snatcher had a SCC Cartridge for playing the musics. Try using a SCC Cartridge when loading SD-Snatcher (It's under "File --> Cartridge Slot 1 --> Special --> SCC Cartridge").

Page of 2
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version