Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
The Maze of Galious
 Brain Games Forums : The Maze of Galious
Subject Topic: Congratulations! Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Peak

Posted: 02áSeptemberá2003 at 00:15 | IP Logged Quote Peak

On making this remake.. :) Really takes me back in time my brother's Spectravideo MSX and all the hours wasted away with this great game...

Never reached above world 7 then, now I finally have the chance to finish the game... :)

The only bug left that I would call "annoying" is the "stuck on the top of a ladder if hit"-one. Otherwise, this remake rules!

Toni

Posted: 02áSeptemberá2003 at 11:07 | IP Logged Quote Toni

I totally agree with Peak. Great job! This game really takes me back to the old days. I've played this game for weeks when I was a kid and I managed it to finish world 10! Too bad the bug mentioned above prevents me form doing that again..

I play the game in Windows 2000 and it works properly after I adjusted my monitor.

Back to Top View Toni's Profile Search for other posts by Toni Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

Popolon
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 02áSeptemberá2003 at 15:14 | IP Logged Quote Popolon

Hi!!

Wellcome you two: Peak and Toni to the Brain Games forums!!

Thanks for the good comments on MoG. And about the ladder-bug... I don't know. Lots of people are complaining about the same bug. Maybe I should release a new version with just this bug fixed. Anyone will want this version?

Because my old plan was not to release any other version of MoG until the new MoG2 engine is finished...
Back to Top View Popolon's Profile Search for other posts by Popolon Visit Popolon's Homepage Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

Peak

Posted: 02áSeptemberá2003 at 17:30 | IP Logged Quote Peak

If it's easy to fix, there's a point to fix it.. It's the only bug (i found) that forces you to teleport and start over... Happened two times for me in world 6 (I was hit by one of the "rockmonsters" when I tried to get the Holy Water).

Still... Great work and good luck in the Remake Competition... :D

chocobo2k

Posted: 03áSeptemberá2003 at 16:18 | IP Logged Quote chocobo2k

I hope to see it fixed since the download for windows binaries is seperated from the game AT LASt ! it is only 800KB or less
Back to Top View chocobo2k's Profile Search for other posts by chocobo2k Visit chocobo2k's Homepage Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

Peak

Posted: 06áSeptemberá2003 at 06:06 | IP Logged Quote Peak

Yay!

Success!

Finally got to finish the game...

Depressed now...

No more game *sob*

When's MoG 2 finished!

Thanks a lot for this chance to finally (after over 10 years) beat the game...

One final word:

I HATE LAVA!

Popolon
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 06áSeptemberá2003 at 11:25 | IP Logged Quote Popolon

He,he you finished it! Great!
A thing that I personally hate are the yellow-knight-helmets that move in circles and shoot yellow balls in the castle... they always prevent you from taking the elevator that you want to take!

About MoG2, it will take some months still. I'm still working on the engine, but it is _VERY_ advanced. Only sound, network and some other details are missing...
Back to Top View Popolon's Profile Search for other posts by Popolon Visit Popolon's Homepage Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

Peak

Posted: 06áSeptemberá2003 at 12:28 | IP Logged Quote Peak

No hurry for my sake... ;)

I'm very impressed by you and all others that have the knowledge to create games. There's a lot more things to keep track of than in programs I create at work (utilities mostly).

Almost gets the urge to begin to look up some tutorials somewhere myself... ;)

Thanks yet again for recreating the game...

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version