Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
The Maze of Galious
 Brain Games Forums : The Maze of Galious
Subject Topic: MOG on Nokia ?? Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
chocobo2k

Posted: 30 August 2003 at 17:05 | IP Logged Quote chocobo2k

Hi again friends:

Well it has been a long time since my last topic. i am wodering wether it is possible to make the mog2 editor to run games on Nokia mobile phone or at least if you can the MOG remake playable on moible ?? Please!! I would really enjoy it. BTW I am on UAE now and the living is better for me ( since I am on Hoilday ).

I hope you are all fine Dandrea,Jorito,McBain,LARS,Boltain and the others especially Santi.

Back to Top View chocobo2k's Profile Search for other posts by chocobo2k Visit chocobo2k's Homepage Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

Lars The 18Th

Posted: 30 August 2003 at 21:10 | IP Logged Quote Lars The 18Th

Hi Chocobo2K Nice to hear you,

It would be nice if it is possible to play RoadFighter on the nokia .

Back to Top View Lars The 18Th's Profile Search for other posts by Lars The 18Th Visit Lars The 18Th's Homepage Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

Popolon
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 31 August 2003 at 15:10 | IP Logged Quote Popolon

Hi Chocobo2k!!

Long time since your last visit! I hope you are well.

I think that the MoG2 engine is more easily portable to Nokia than RoadFighter. The problem with RoadFighter is that all the graphics should be scaled down to fit the new screen size. In the MoG2 engine that's not a problem since the viewports can be any size and even be zoomable. However, porting games to Nokia will only have high priority after finishing both MoG2 and all the changes we want to make in RoadFighter...
Back to Top View Popolon's Profile Search for other posts by Popolon Visit Popolon's Homepage Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

chocobo2k

Posted: 31 August 2003 at 16:39 | IP Logged Quote chocobo2k

I hope to see it on Nokia 6610 although it is much less powerful than Nokia 6650 but thats what I have, Any way I want really to participate in the MOG2 editor but I dont know how ? can you tell me

what are the last improvment to the engine briefly.

Back to Top View chocobo2k's Profile Search for other posts by chocobo2k Visit chocobo2k's Homepage Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

MP83

Posted: 01 September 2003 at 11:09 | IP Logged Quote MP83

Glad to hear that you're alive.  To tell the truth, I was wondering yesterday when trying to get sleep if you're still alive. Believe it or not, but it's true.

Are you now having better change to go to the net?

Back to Top View MP83's Profile Search for other posts by MP83 Visit MP83's Homepage Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

Popolon
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 01 September 2003 at 13:14 | IP Logged Quote Popolon

About the engine, the additions since you last visited the forums are focused to improve the multiplayer game. Now, lots of players can play the same game, and I'm currently working on the network code to play MoG on-line
Back to Top View Popolon's Profile Search for other posts by Popolon Visit Popolon's Homepage Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

chocobo2k

Posted: 02 September 2003 at 15:09 | IP Logged Quote chocobo2k

thanx all of you I'll keep in touch

jpkokkon

Posted: 10 October 2003 at 00:41 | IP Logged Quote jpkokkon

MoG on nokia phone would be sweet.. (a series 60 phone, the cheaper models can't handle simultaneous keypresses, thereby making playing of MoG or other similar game extremely annoying.)

There are at least two reasons though, why I wouldn't go porting MoG to cell phones.

1. Copyrights - Konami may not care about PC MoG remakes, but a cell phone version of MoG could be a "hit product", and therefore they might get kinda pissed off ('cos they might even want to make a mobile MoG themselves.. who knows). Even if they weren't planning to make mobile MoG, still, MoG on cellphone would be too well known - and would immediately get konami's attention.

2. Porting to cell phone would mean either using Java or Symbian "C++" - in either case, this would mean quite a lot of coding. Symbian C++ in my opinion is very far from standard C++ (basically any normal standard C++ code won't compile for symbian OS and vice versa). The whole code would probably need huge amount of rewriting.

So, although MoG might be an ideal game for mobile platform, especially for nokia n-gage if the game had a multiplayer support, it would not be an easy task. Too bad. :(
Back to Top View jpkokkon's Profile Search for other posts by jpkokkon Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

dandrea

Posted: 13 November 2003 at 02:29 | IP Logged Quote dandrea

chocobo2k wrote:

Hi again friends:

Well it has been a long time since my last topic. i am wodering wether it is possible to make the mog2 editor to run games on Nokia mobile phone or at least if you can the MOG remake playable on moible ?? Please!! I would really enjoy it. BTW I am on UAE now and the living is better for me ( since I am on Hoilday ).

I hope you are all fine Dandrea,Jorito,McBain,LARS,Boltain and the others especially Santi.

Strange, small world. Right now I'm started to get involved in some mobile game making. :-) Funny cohincidence!

The guy who I'm negotiating with wanted to see a piece of pixelart by me, and the only, ONLY thing I had in that moment was... that popolon sprite I made some months ago! He loved it.

I'm fine, and it's good to hear you're fine too. You're living in UAE definitively, or just during the holy month?

Peace and bliss for you and your family.

Fernando.

Back to Top View dandrea's Profile Search for other posts by dandrea Visit dandrea's Homepage Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

Popolon
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 13 November 2003 at 11:17 | IP Logged Quote Popolon

Hey dandrea!!

So, spending some time drawnig a Popolon was worth the effort after all!

Is your new work secret or can you share with us what are your new projects? I don't know if the mobile market will have a big share after all, but if I was on top of a company I'd spend some money on it just in case...

RATINDRA NA SAHU

Posted: 20 February 2004 at 12:57 | IP Logged Quote RATINDRA    NA  SAHU

We are the pioneers in developing games in Arabic. We understand the needs of our Arabic community and have specially created Arabic picture messages  ,logos and wallpapers .  

Back to Top View RATINDRA    NA  SAHU's Profile Search for other posts by RATINDRA    NA  SAHU Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

chocobo2k

Posted: 19 March 2004 at 08:20 | IP Logged Quote chocobo2k

Well, hello everybody .My phone was reBIRTHED again in Iraq it was nearly 1 year so I will try to be active as much as possible and guys you are wonderful. Ok for mobile games it was really a good idea since 2d games on mobile will definitley be much anticipated especially on nokia N-GAGE but never the less other mobile like nokia 6600 are also should have a good fps so Santi did you try with mobile programming or not ??

Popolon
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 19 March 2004 at 09:33 | IP Logged Quote Popolon

Hi wisam!!!

Nice to know that you have phone again!

I've actually not teste much on mobile phones. I've the SDK to develop for Nokia and also for PocketPC, but I haven't got time to test anything... I'm sorry

If you browse a little through the forum, you will see that the new project is "Magical Tree" (also from Konami). Ah! and do not forget to go to the MoG2 forum, and see some sample graphics created by Dominion for MoG2!

Btw, Wisam, do you know what that message posted by "RATINDRA NA SAHU" is about? (the one before your message)

btw, wellcome again to the forum!!!

Edited by Popolon on 19 March 2004 at 09:35

MP83

Posted: 19 March 2004 at 10:59 | IP Logged Quote MP83

Welcome back chocobo2k!
Back to Top View MP83's Profile Search for other posts by MP83 Visit MP83's Homepage Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

Nokia Games

Posted: 21 April 2004 at 13:29 | IP Logged Quote Nokia Games

You can downloaded, your desired games

http://www.fommy.com

Back to Top View Nokia Games's Profile Search for other posts by Nokia Games Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

MP83

Posted: 23 April 2004 at 08:53 | IP Logged Quote MP83

Nice way to advertise...NOT.

Edit: It's shameful how someone can waste his time on advertising products anonymously in the forums.

Edited by MP83 on 23 April 2004 at 10:44

JEames
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 26 April 2004 at 13:27 | IP Logged Quote JEames

BTW: I did'nt now that any user could post messages anonymously.

Santi: do you want me to check to see if we can restrict this?

Popolon
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 26 April 2004 at 15:15 | IP Logged Quote Popolon

It can be restricted. In fact it was restricted until I "unrestricted" it about 1 month ago. I did that just to test if there were some forum readers that just didn't want to register to post. The result was about 30 "good" posts of anonimous users and 2 "spam" like messages like this one.

I think that I'll leave this open for another month or so (to test). If some more messages like this one are posted, then I'll restrict the access again.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version