Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
The Maze of Galious
 Brain Games Forums : The Maze of Galious
Subject Topic: original MIDIs of the alternate sound set Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Popolon
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 13 August 2003 at 10:46 | IP Logged Quote Popolon

Today I've redeived an e-mail of the author of the original MIDI files that I used to create the ALTERNATE sound set. His name is RANDY WINTJES. I've added him to the credits (of course). He was not angry for using his files, and he has been very kind!! THANKS RANDY!!!
Back to Top View Popolon's Profile Search for other posts by Popolon Visit Popolon's Homepage Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

MP83

Posted: 13 August 2003 at 11:35 | IP Logged Quote MP83

Yeah.  Thanks Randy for not complaining.
Back to Top View MP83's Profile Search for other posts by MP83 Visit MP83's Homepage Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

Jorito
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 13 August 2003 at 20:04 | IP Logged Quote Jorito

Hehehe, I could have told you that those were the MIDI's of Randy Wintjes if you had just asked

Randy also made some MIDI's of the music of Usas (Treasure of Usas if you want the full title). This brings me to the following: wouldn't it be very cool to do a remake of Usas some day? It's a really great game (also the first original MSX2 game I owned) and deserves a remake. Personally, I'd rather do a Usas remake than a MoG2, but that's probably just me
Back to Top View Jorito's Profile Search for other posts by Jorito Visit Jorito's Homepage Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

Popolon
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 14 August 2003 at 02:04 | IP Logged Quote Popolon

I never played Usas in a real MSX. I've only played it on an emulator, but I remember that I readed a lot about it in the MSX-club magazine. I think that Remaking Usas shouldn't be that hard... when the MoG2 engine is finished, all those platform games such as: Usas, Goonies, etc will be as easy to remake as editing the maps, drawing the graphics and arranging the musics!

However, I'd like to remake "The Goonies" before! It's just that as I never played it when I was a child, I don't remember it as a "mythical" one

I'd also like to remake some Golvellius or Zelda like game. I'm preparing the engine to support this kind of games also... any idea of an MSX game of this type that you'd like to remake? "Hydlide" maybe?
Back to Top View Popolon's Profile Search for other posts by Popolon Visit Popolon's Homepage Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

MP83

Posted: 14 August 2003 at 09:25 | IP Logged Quote MP83

USAS...  I want it for the emulator and in english, please. It's painfully hard to get it in that language instead of japanese.

About remaking the other games (when the MOG2 engine is ready): I really would like to be a part of them (I love making graphics ). Even if you're remaking the Goonies.  Please? Pretty please?

Back to Top View MP83's Profile Search for other posts by MP83 Visit MP83's Homepage Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

Lars The 18Th

Posted: 14 August 2003 at 16:46 | IP Logged Quote Lars The 18Th

The treasure of USAS is Multi langual , the game detects if its inserted in a English or Japanese MSX system, there is just 1 version of USAS

For McBain, i think your emulator uses a Japanese MSX2.rom or MSX2p.rom, depends on the emulator you use.
My 2 favorite Emulators are F-MsxDos & RuMSX

Has anyone finished the game ? , The ending of usas is a anti climax ..
They put the 4 crystals in a holder and BOOOM the earth explodes

Back to Top View Lars The 18Th's Profile Search for other posts by Lars The 18Th Visit Lars The 18Th's Homepage Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

MP83

Posted: 15 August 2003 at 07:43 | IP Logged Quote MP83

Thanks Lars The 18TH. Now I can play it in english. Thanks again.

Gamer

Posted: 17 August 2003 at 00:26 | IP Logged Quote Gamer

Hello

also multilingual are: Vampire Killer and Kingsvalley II

may I ask a question ?

Is v 0.61 the final version?

it contains a bug, On top of a ladder, the game freezes, if a ennemy hits you. And of course it happens freqently.

please....... a version without this bug

greetings..   Gamer

Back to Top View Gamer's Profile Search for other posts by Gamer Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

Popolon
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 17 August 2003 at 14:06 | IP Logged Quote Popolon

Hi Gamer,

no, v0.61 is not the final version. But my plans are not to release a v0.62, but a v0.7 with LOTS of changes, so it will take time... I'm already on it!

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version