Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
The Maze of Galious
 Brain Games Forums : The Maze of Galious
Subject Topic: Secret place in mog Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Xtreme

Posted: 09áJuneá2003 at 20:52 | IP Logged Quote Xtreme

Let me intoduce myself, i'm Ron from Holland.

I love the old MSX games but two games gave me a special feeling: nemesis2 ang Maze of Galious, i have played them over and over again. The only thing i think is strange about Mog is that some secrets are impossible to find without help. Like the stones that appear in the water in world5 an offcourse the Cross.

Can anyone tell me how you should know these secrets if you're playing the game without any help?

By the way, i hope you will make Mog2 also a great game.

Back to Top View Xtreme's Profile Search for other posts by Xtreme Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

Popolon
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 10áJuneá2003 at 11:10 | IP Logged Quote Popolon

For the stones on world 5, I remember that we discovered it just by luck!
I was playing MoG with some friends to explain them that there was one room that I couldn't pass. I entered the room (the one where the stones appear), then we started talking about how to pass it, and suddently a stone appeared!!!

For the cross, I read it in a magazine (MSX-extra), so maybe I'd never discover that without help...

About MoG2, we'll try to do our best!
Back to Top View Popolon's Profile Search for other posts by Popolon Visit Popolon's Homepage Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

MP83

Posted: 10áJuneá2003 at 11:38 | IP Logged Quote MP83

About the world 5 stones. Wasn't there a guy in the game which told you to wait for stones to appear?

And about the cross. I don't know the official way to find it. Maybe players just had to find it using the item which keeps the ringing sound when near the cross? I think this might be it.

Back to Top View MP83's Profile Search for other posts by MP83 Visit MP83's Homepage Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

Popolon
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 10áJuneá2003 at 15:00 | IP Logged Quote Popolon

About the guy explaining me the "stone trick", you are right. I have lied a little bit . The full story is exactly as I have explained in the previous post, except that I wasn't there when they discovered the trick (it was another guy who was playing). They just told me the discovery after that! (we were about 4 friends playing MoG at the same time!!)

About the cross, I don't remember very good now, but I think that in the original manual there were some clues for each object (I remember that the use of the DOLL was explained). I don't know if there was some clue for the cross...
Back to Top View Popolon's Profile Search for other posts by Popolon Visit Popolon's Homepage Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

MP83

Posted: 11áJuneá2003 at 13:07 | IP Logged Quote MP83

If the best hint for finding the cross can be found from the manual, then it could be some sort of copy protection?  Or was MOG only officially released as module game?
Back to Top View MP83's Profile Search for other posts by MP83 Visit MP83's Homepage Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

Popolon
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 11áJuneá2003 at 15:19 | IP Logged Quote Popolon

It was only released as a cartridge. However, all the cartridges that didn't have any extra hardware on it than the game data could be passed to a tape (I got a collection ofcartridge games in tape: Kid Wiz, Pippols and King's Valley 1).

A friend of mine got a device called "transtape" with which he could browse the contents of the MSX RAM, and make a snapshot of the memory to a tape (even try to cheat in some games). What he did was to start the coputer with a cartridge, wait until the game was loaded and then make a snapshot of the memory to the tape. Then, using a small loader program written in basic, the memory image could be loaded to RAM and execute the game. (That's how he explained it to me, but I really never did that, I just got the copies he gave me).

mfeingol

Posted: 17áJuneá2003 at 03:28 | IP Logged Quote mfeingol

When I first played MoG (a long time ago, in a galaxy far far away, on a real MSX), I was enthralled by it, but I just couldn't pass level 2.  I hadn't realized that beating on walls might actually do something, so it never occurred to me to try.

Once I read about the doll somewhere, I finished the game pretty much with no further input.  I found the cross by myself, too:  after finding the doll, I went on a hidden-room and wall-beating rampage.  The location of the cross is something of a giveaway if you plot out the castle layout. <>PrxRST();

Back to Top View mfeingol's Profile Search for other posts by mfeingol Visit mfeingol's Homepage Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

JEames
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 17áJuneá2003 at 14:03 | IP Logged Quote JEames

Actually, the game could be saved with game master, if my memory doesn't fail...

By the way: that "memory snapshot" procedure was realy simple (I used to do it my self to pass cartridges on to the flopy disk). I remember there used to be a special reset button (on a additional cartdrige) that enabled to access MSX Basic while the game was on memory, and from there you just had to do something like "BSAVE "file.bin", StartAddr, EndAddr" ... what was more tricky was finding the execute address, but all most all konami MSX 1 games used the same address (a standard address, something like &hd000).

Wow!!... what times those were....

By the way, Santi, these days I'm doing some work at the CRM so may be we can see each other... I have some crazy ideas to talk about. In fact Carles wanted to come also. May be next thursday?

Back to Top View JEames's Profile Search for other posts by JEames Visit JEames's Homepage Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

Popolon
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 17áJuneá2003 at 15:48 | IP Logged Quote Popolon

Of course!

Just tell me at what time are you going to come (I wanted to go to the gym to do some sport, so I can plan the day properly). I got a couple of things that I want to show you! (one of them is very funny, but I prefer you to see it instead of explaining it)

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version